Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cracked screen

Dropped my phone today and the screen cracked and is no longer working. Is there anything you can do for me Koodo?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Unfortunately, a cracked screen isn't covered by any warranty. Your options are to use a device you may have already or use any available positive tab to help you buy a new phone, or upgrade your tab.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunately, a cracked screen isn't covered by any warranty. Your options are to use a device y...

Or look for a second hand compatible unlocked phone from somewhere like kijiji or Craigslist if you don't have a backup phone or you've used your tab recently an have none available
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Unfortunately, a cracked screen isn't covered by any warranty. Your options are to use a device y...

Or look to a third party to get the screen fixed. But depending on the phone, it may or may not be worth the costs
Userlevel 1
Buy the Nexus 4 if Koodo has any left. Best bang for buck.
Userlevel 6
I'd advise against repairing it yourself. There's tutorials but if you make one mistake & accidentally damage the LCD behind the screen during the repair it'll cost significantly more to fix that. I'd recommend shipping it to a 3rd-party as they're usually cheaper than the manufacturer & quicker.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
John Burke wrote:

I'd advise against repairing it yourself. There's tutorials but if you make one mistake & accide...

Depending on the phone. A lot of phones now don't offer separate screen components and it's all one assembly so chances are the LCD will have to go.