Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cracked Nexus 4 Screen. Options?

I have a Nexus 4 on a medium tab that I accidently dropped and the screen cracked. I'm planning on going to a Koodo store today, but I wanted to know what my options are? How much would a repair be (I'm on a pretty tight budget) or would I be able to get different phone?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Hey Aleeyah, Ugh that stinks, How frustrating! Unfortunately a cracked screen is considered physical damage so the warranty wouldn't apply in this instance. But you do have some options to get yourself another phone. You Could pay off your tab, Have it applied to your next bill and use the tab again to get another phone You can do this via selfserve or at retailers or Koodo Shops. Just keep in mind if you do it on selfserve it's not reversible. Meaning if you decide to return the phone they can't give you your tab money back, You'll have to choose another phone. This may be the way to go because the charge won't appear till your next bill giving you time to get the money together. The broken phone you could then sell on eBay or Kijiji , It's amazing what people will buy. The repair to your phone may cost more than just getting another phone. Or not. See what the retailer tells you. Hope I helped somewhat, Good luck.
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey Aleeyah, Ugh that stinks, How frustrating! Unfortunately a cracked screen is considere...

So I could get the new phone today and pay for the tab on my next bill?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Hey Aleeyah, Ugh that stinks, How frustrating! Unfortunately a cracked screen is considere...

Yes you can apply your remaining tab to your upcoming bill. Then you will have a fresh Tab of $0 to start with again to get another phone. Note that if you do bring your phone into Koodo there's a $150 minimum 'quote' for out-of-warranty devices.