Koodo Community

Community

Solved

coverage problem

under koodo coverage map it says walsh, AB is covered with 4G HSPA coverage. But Actually its not working. on my phone it says no service. what should i do ? i dont want to change my carrier... Is their any way to get network?

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[b]Android Signal strength: First make sure that Airplane and Blocking Mode are off. Bars on the phone are just barely decorations. Download from Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cls.networkwidget or something similar. Gives fairly instanteneous readings for voice and data in -dBm units. As long as you show less than 100 -dBm, you should be able to communicate. If you can send yourself a text and receive it promptly, then the network connection is working. Even in areas that have good coverage, it’s not uncommon to have dead zones. Stay away from large metallic objects such as wrought iron railings and open any metallic window blinds. Had a local problem with trees galore at home in a rural area and was able to find a “hot spot” where everything works. There are sister apps that will do the same for WiFi coverage as well. Changing carriers will likely NOT solve your problem, since the CRTC has made them share towers/roaming recently. Keep your hands clean. If the phone is new, you have a window of a few weeks to return it for full refund providing your usage has been reasonable.
Userlevel 2
Hey Harry! No network issues in this area. Feel free to contact us by dialing 1-866-995-6636 (#6) from a land line and one of our techs will log a ticket to have the issue looked into further. Thank you. ******************************************** If you see a good answer, give it a star.
Userlevel 5
Pierre wrote:

Hey Harry! No network issues in this area. Feel free to contact us by dialing 1-866-995-6636 (...

But we will first troubleshoot the problem in the hopes of fixing it on the spot. Whenever you call tech support it is always best to call from a different line, because one of our troubleshooting steps is turning the phone off.
Pierre wrote:

Hey Harry! No network issues in this area. Feel free to contact us by dialing 1-866-995-6636 (...

I talked with one of the technical support guy from koodo. he said their is nothing that he can help me out. their are some dead zone in network, he suggest me to use signal booster which might be help me.... but actually its not Is their any thing else I can try?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pierre wrote:

According to the map at http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html the nearest Koodo tower is just north of Irvine. There is a Rogers tower on the ridge just west of Walsh. Once the roaming agreements are completed between the Canadian carriers as mandated by the CRTC, you should have roaming coverage in Walsh from the Rogers network, as long as you are on a monthly plan. Make sure LTE is on on your phone as well. If you are behind the ridge to the west of Walsh, you may not have good coverage.
Badge +4
Pierre wrote:

I recommend turning LTE off. HSPA+ is only offered in Walsh, AB at present. http://www.telus.com/en/ab/mobility/network/coverage-map.jsp