Koodo Community
Solved

coverage area (reduced? for what reason?)

i would like to know why my coverage has taken an area where i have been able to call for multiple years that i have been with koodo and that now it has become long distance?!! i have an android htc . I am not very pleased to say the least! Please advise.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone do you have? If it's the old type that doesn't need a sim card, that's the reason. That network is being phased out. If you still have an older phone like that, I highly recommend you consider an upgrade. Depending on how long ago you started with Koodo, it might even be free. Edit: so I just saw you have an HTC Android so the above may not apply to you however. What makes you think the number is now long distance?
NEW android fewer months old only. reason i know is because when i dial number that i have been calling for over a year now it tells me it does not exist unless i put the digit 1 prior to the area  code! i live in montreal ( verdun ) and the calling area is lorraine
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Bianca Venditti wrote:

NEW android fewer months old only. reason i know is because when i dial number that i have been c...

I also should have asked what plan you're on. Most of Koodo's more recent plans are Canada wide meaning no long distance charges for calls made to anywhere in Canada from anywhere in Canada. Check self serve for the name of your plan
Bianca Venditti wrote:

NEW android fewer months old only. reason i know is because when i dial number that i have been c...

i have the base plan 20$ per month
Userlevel 5
Bianca Venditti wrote:

Helo Bianca! It looks to me like you have a grandfathered rate plan that isn't Canada-wide, but a local plan. If you log into your self-serve account and look at your usage, can you see any charges for the calls you made to Lorraine? If that area was always in your local zone, I do not see why that should change now.
Bianca Venditti wrote:

i know they should nt be but they are! unless i dial 1 prior to the area code call won t go through! and i don t want to pay for long distance! Hmm just tried now it s working ! last week was unable! hopefully does not happen again. thanks