Koodo Community

Community

Correct Textra MMS settings?

I am using Textra on my Galaxy S7 Edge and I'm wondering if I can get confirmation that my MMS settings are accurate. I recently received some photos and some of the attachments were automatically removed so I am thinking my settings are wrong. Within Textra under MMS settings I have the carrier send limit set to No Limit. I read somewhere that choosing No Limit could sometimes cause an issue with the carrier? Under MMS Behavior I have it set to system with the option to change it to Legacy. I'm not sure what this means, can someone explain this to me and if I should be using Legacy instead?

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I found this thread that might be useful : https://www.reddit.com/r/ProjectFi/comments/4p66xs/why_isnt_textra_working_properly_with_mms/
Yes I did see this thread but it is Verizon specific. I'm wondering what Koodo should be set to. 1mb, 2mb, no limit?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

Yes I did see this thread but it is Verizon specific. I'm wondering what Koodo should be set to....

Here are my settings on my s7 edge
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

Yes I did see this thread but it is Verizon specific. I'm wondering what Koodo should be set to....

Sorry internal server error so it wont upload my image.

Mine is set to 1MB
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

With system or legacy?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

Legacy
Thanks, and you leave manually configure apn off?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

Correct
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

Thank you very much, I will give this a shot
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hello, was your problem solved?
Too early to tell. We shall see
Userlevel 7
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

You can test it by sending yourself and MMS message.
Slawek Bielawa wrote:

I was always receiving MMS messages.  My issue was when a bunch came in a row I got a message that some of the attachments were removed.