Koodo Community

Community

Solved

copy contacts from my phone to my wife's phone

I am trying to find an easy way to copy my "contacts" in my Neo 5 to my wife's Neo 5 after she inadvertently locked herself out and had to do a re-set.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could upload all your contacts into your Google  (Gmail) account from your phone, export / import them from your Google account to her Google account, and you should be good to go.

Userlevel 5
Install Smart Switch from the play store.  Samsung created the app really to transfer basically everything from one whone to the other.  But you can select only contacts to transfer over.  It is the best App to use when switching Samsung devices
Daniel Hryb wrote:

Install Smart Switch from the play store.  Samsung created the app really to transfer basica...

Thanks Daniel. I will try that option too. Knowing my wife this can happen again ^-^
Userlevel 5
Daniel Hryb wrote:

Install Smart Switch from the play store.  Samsung created the app really to transfer basica...

if you download the desktop version, you can do regular backups from your wife's phone, which includes pretty much everything like Contacts/text messages/phone logs/calendar entries etc. So if she does something similar again, after a reset she can have her phone restored almost to the point that it didn't happen

Daniel Hryb wrote:

Thank you again Daniel. I downloaded the app and before you could say "Cisco Kid was a friend of mine" it was all done. Cheers.
Thanks David I will try that. I had tried using OneDrive but got snagged by vcf files and other gremlins. Exporting to her google account is straightforward?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert Yule wrote:

Thanks David I will try that. I had tried using OneDrive but got snagged by vcf files and other g...

I recommend setting the phone up so it maintains a constant backup to her Google account. That way if she ever needs to rebuild a phone's content in the future, it is as simple as a login to her account.

And yes, VCF files should be no problem, as you are backing contacts up / exporting  to a contacts app.
Google account offers you an easy way to copy contacts from your phone to your wife's phone. And it's free. 
Transfer files from one phone to another couldn't be easier with a phone transfer program. Simply open it, connect both the phones to your computer and click start transfer. Phone numbers, photos, songs, videos and other media files are moved to your new phone.