Koodo Community

Community

Solved

contact list not working

Cannot access my contact list on my samsung nexus s, nor add in new contacts. It just says "the process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Trying again over last weeks and months just gives same response.

8 replies

Userlevel 4
To be honest, it sounds like your software has started to become corrupt. If possible, plug the phone into a computer and back it up(make sure you get all of your information off of it), and then do a full factory reset on the phone. How to factory reset: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/reset-reformat-smartphone,review-1719-3.html Hopefully that will fix the problem. Like I said though, make sure you back up your phone because you WILL lose everything on the phone. The backup makes it easier to retrieve all your information again.
and how do I back up? I have plugged in to computer now but cannot find the device? What next?
Userlevel 7
Douglas Gayle Sell wrote:

and how do I back up? I have plugged in to computer now but cannot find the device? What next?

Do you have kies installed? I think you need kies for samsung phones. The nexus s is a pretty old device, you may want to look at upgrading.
Userlevel 2

Kies does not work with the Nexus S.
Userlevel 7
The Nexus S is aging quite a bit now. It's having trouble keeping up with the memory requirements of higher Android versions. I think you should upgrade to something like the Nexus 4 for a smoother experience.
Userlevel 4
Yes, if you cannot get it to back up, bring it to a Koodo shop and possibly upgrade! The Nexus 4 is a great alternative. If you're looking for something cheap, and something that really will deliver, I suggest the Motorola Moto G! The interface on the phone isn't much different than the one samsung has(they're both android).
Hmm, thought this may be the case. I only bought it in May of 2012! What a jinx. It works fine otherwise, but the contact list is kinda necessary.
Userlevel 2

Hmm, thought this may be the case. I only bought it in May of 2012! What a jinx. It works fine ot...

Your contacts should be backed up with your gmail account(or another email). Doing the factory reset should resolve the issue.