Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Confused about Data Block with picture messaging add-on, please help!

Hi,

I have an Android smartphone and just recently added the Data Block with picture messaging add-on to my plan. I don't have a data plan. I wanted this add-on so I could enable my cellular data in order to send picture messages.

Here's where I'm confused. Even though I have the add-on, my Android phone still shows under the 'Data Usage' section that I am using data. However, I have checked my Koodo self serve account and it doesn't show any data usage. Why is my phone showing data usage while my self serve account is not? Is my new add-on working or not working?

Thanks.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Sending picture message actually does use data however because you have the data block, koodo allows that data through. It however blocks any other data requests. Your phone doesn't know that picture messages don't count. Your phone just sees data use.

The counter to be concerned with is the Koodo counter in self serve. That's the accurate one as far as billing is concerned.
Chad Burr wrote:

Sending picture message actually does use data however because you have the data block, koodo all...

Thank you Chad!