Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Comparing phones

can anyone tell me the difference between nexus 4 & 5?? thinking of upgrading not sure which to choose!! I have a Nexus S right now.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The Nexus 5 just came out recently and the Nexus 4 is a year old now. If you decide on the Nexus 5, check out the Google Play store. $350 from Google or $500 from Koodo
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If your the average user you won't notice a huge difference between the 2 other than the display on the Nexus 5 being larger and more crisp and vibrant. Also the battery is much better in the Nexus 5 which is good if you use your phone a fair bit. The power user will notice a bunch of huge improvements in the Nexus 5 over the 4 though and it really comes down to how big a part of your life you phone plays. If your looking at the Nexus 5 it is cheaper in the PlayStore like Dennis said but there's a month wait from the time you order so if you want it right away grab it from Koodo and pay the extra $100
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
The battery life and the camera are just not good enough on the N4.
Userlevel 7
Ivan wrote:

The battery life and the camera are just not good enough on the N4.

Battery life wasn't terrible when I had the phone but I see where you're coming from, it wasn't exactly helpful. The camera was also pretty smudgy and suffered in low light.
Does the Nexus 5 have front and rear cameras.... some descriptions aren't clear or just plain doesn't say
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Angel Wylie wrote:

Does the Nexus 5 have front and rear cameras.... some descriptions aren't clear or just plain doe...

Yes, it does 🙂
Userlevel 7
If you're going to get the Nexus 5, I definitely recommend getting it from Google. Sure it's unsubsidized, but you get both black and white color options, both storage options (16GB or 32GB), and it's a better outright price.