Planning a 3 day trip to US. Moto G phone. Plan includes US roam toll @ 0.00 Cdn & 50 texts outgoing. If I understand reading through posts in forum:
- incoming texts are free, whether from US or Canada
- first text outgoing is billed at $5, next 99 outgoing are included in this $5
- WiFi in US is free as long as long as 'roaming data' is checked OFF (actually unavailable as per plan settings)
- talking is $1.50/minute while in US
- Koodo offers a 3-day unlimited text add-on for $10
If I only need 15-20 texts (keep track of kids at home) and 0 talk-minutes and don't use data except for WiFi, the logical choice would be to just 'pay-as-you-go' since I would just be billed $5 plus tax.
Best answer by Mathieu
You are correct.
All incoming texts while in the US will be free, 5$ per 100 texts. Using Wi-Fi is usually free at hotels and such.
Talking will be 1.50 per minute and is billed per-minute as is anything with Koodo these days.
As for your texts, if you are sure that you will need less than 200 texts while in the US then yes, the pay-per-use price is best for you. If by chance you think their is a chance you need more than that, you are better off with the 10$ unlimited texts icon. Notice I say 200 and not 100 texts since as long as you are under 200 you will not be charged more than 10$. Remember, once you spend 5$ for the 100 texts and you notice you need more, you will either pay another 5$ or 10$ for the unlimited texting. You can't upgrade what you selected at the beginning.
Let us know if you have more questions