Koodo Community

Community

Solved

choose happy goes live.....

Userlevel 1
The new rebranding of koodo goes live at midnight apparently .. so is anyone aware of this ???and i was told that you will be able to finance your phones like pay an amount you can afford ....what do you think also more data are in the plans along with cheaper byod so yes im excited what about you?? Let me know if anyone heard this i talked to the store and the *611

34 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I think your thinking too much of this as you can already get a phone for what you can afford with the tab and that won't change. So no not excited about it and don't think you will be either once you see.
Userlevel 7
I know that there are changes coming up, but am unsure what exactly they are. I know there will be new tabs but as far as plans go, we will have to wait and see..
Userlevel 1
No im just stating what i heard jeeze
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
elvira wrote:

So what DID you hear that makes you so excited?
Userlevel 6
elvira wrote:

You heard it well Elvira. 🙂 I was in a store and that's exactly what they said. You'll be able to spread as much or as little over a 24 month period. Say you want a phone that's $500 but you only have $200 to put down. The remaining $300 can be paid on your bill every month. 300/24 so $12.50 a month. Paul is rarely happy, so don't worry about him. 🙂
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
elvira wrote:

And does Koodo contribute any part of your bill like the do now towards paying off your tab? If not then it's worse than it is now and if you can it's exactly the same as it is now which is a medium Tab. As it is now Koodo contributes every month towards your tab and in 24 months if your tab isn't paid off then Koodo wipes it clean by paying what's left, which with the new system Koodo doesnt wipe any remaining tab because your forced to pay it yourself. Now do you see why you not happy as you called it Rudy. If plan prices drop a considerable amount to make up for this then yes I'll be happy but if not I don't see anything to be excited about as its plain and simple it's not as good as it is now.
Userlevel 6
elvira wrote:

Forced? 🙂 No one is forced and you know that. It's a choice people make. Things change, the world doesn't stay in the same place. 🙂 I was also told that plans will be offering more than today. You are the mobile master you probably know already.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
elvira wrote:

I doubt very much the MM's know more than you, Rudy... we may get a sneak peek here and there but usually, Koodo keeps their plans pretty well under wraps until it is time to reveal them (as they should, I hasten to add).
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
elvira wrote:

Sorry I should have said that your left to pay for it yourself. Curious what vested interest you have in defending Koodo all the time Rudy? I mean I love Koodo but I won't act like everything is great whenever I feel it's not. Especially since Koodo wants us to be honest with people and honestly I hope plans reflect these tab changes so things are not just flat out getting more expensive because there's no excuse this time like there was with the introduction of the CRTC 2 year rule.
elvira wrote:

@Paul Deschamps, this is just going to be a price increase all around disguised under the "Choose Happy" line. New baseline BYOD plans will be a little more expensive than they now cost with the 10% BYOD discount. And Tabs are getting even worse.
Userlevel 4
This has been mentioned here numerous times for the past month. Up to $360 0% financing for 24 month paid back in equal instalments or Tab plus ?500 dollar towards your device if you take a expensive Tab plus plan. Cheaper plans in general.
Justin wrote:

This has been mentioned here numerous times for the past month. Up to $360 0% financing for 24...

"Cheaper plans in general." Yep, that is what the average consumer is going to think. Old way: $55, $49.5 with the 10% BYOD discount New way: $50 BYOD, no more discounts I'm talking about the 5GB MB/SK plan here, I don't know how much more expensive the plans in other provinces are going to be.
Userlevel 2
Interesting.. "choose happy" everyone excited.. I am excited too..
Userlevel 6
PD wrote:

Not enough text to determine if you're joking or not........
Userlevel 2
PD wrote:

Koodo Mobile is currently under maintenance. We should be back shortly. Thank you for your patience
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
PD wrote:

So you work for Koodo PD?
Userlevel 7
PD wrote:

I think that was just a copy paste of that the website is currently displaying...
Userlevel 6
It's past midnight already, Koodo, and we want to be as happy as you are. Bring on the new site!
Userlevel 7
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

It's past midnight already, Koodo, and we want to be as happy as you are. Bring on the new site!

more maintenance... gaaah 😛
Userlevel 1
Some random Mobile Master wrote:

Not midnight in bc lol ...and i am excited ....some ppl on here are total bullys sorry for thinkimg to much but i was trying to hear if any one knew stuff
Userlevel 3
Site still under construction but Koodo phones available at Best Buy have been updated. Phones that could be had yesterday on a $150 tab are now $168. Tab is reduced by a $7 per month tab charge paid by customer. Hope the plan costs have come down to reflect the lack of Koodo contribution
Userlevel 4
From BestBuy Applies to Premium phones (iPhones 6, GS6) I'm assuming this is for the TAb Plus $504 Retail ($21 Monthly Tab Charge x 24 months) On a $504 Koodo Tab with select rate plans. Tab reduces through Tab charge on eligible plans. Some conditions apply. Subject to approved credit. SIM Card (not included) available for $4.99. Upon cancelation your device Tab balance must be paid off, you will be charged for your remaining device Tab balance on your next bill. See store for details.
Userlevel 6
BYOD is actually better than what it was yesterday. $48 gets you unlimited nationwide talk,text and comes with 5gb!!! That's very decent. As long as you are in Manitoba or Sasketchena. And unlike Fido they did't remove international texting.
Userlevel 3
RudyW wrote:

BYOD is actually better than what it was yesterday. $48 gets you unlimited nationwide talk,text a...

Plans haven't gone live yet so you know this how ?
Userlevel 6
RudyW wrote:

BYOD is actually better than what it was yesterday. $48 gets you unlimited nationwide talk,text a...

People talk in stores. And they had the info yesterday. On brochures that they are putting out today.