Koodo Community

Community

Choose a Plan, then customize it : Use [+50] or [-50] to transfer airtime to data or the opposite.

I'm looking for a plan for my father and he doesn't need any plan including data.
I'm here to ask if including a feature that after selecting a plan, you can use a [+50] or [-50] button to move some data or airtime minutes amount to the other one.

Like example : LIGHTWEIGHT CANADA-WIDE PLANS 34$ offers 50mb of data and 200 minutes airtime, it would be great if I can move this 50mb to get 250 minutes airtime and 0mb data (a pay-per-use data).

So I won't need to tell my father to go get a phone at Bell. I'm with Koodo and I want him to be with Koodo cause you are the best company. I hope this idea is possible. I understand Koodo is a business and has to make money, but I think this idea will bring more newcomers to you than problems controlling all different kind of plans.

Note: You can also set a cap to a minimum amount to keep for airtime minutes, so no one will have plans with 0 minutes.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
You may do better on Koodo prepaid 15$ a month gets u unlimited messaging. Add a minute booster and as long as you top up every month, it won't expire until its used up.
Yeah I took a look a Koodo Prepaid, but I don't like how it is. It looks like you pay to get lower rate instead of paying to get airtimes minutes. You end up with a bigger bill that customer, like me, who has a plan.

You pay your base plan : 15$
Then you add airtime boost to it : 500 Anytime Minutes [at 5¢/min] $25
So if you talk 300 minutes during a month it will cost : 15$

Final price : 55$ +txs = ~60$
If I'm right, it is not worth it.

EDIT: I'm just giving this idea, cause I'm looking for the best mobile plan for my dad, I'm happy with my own plan, and I'm with Koodo, but since the last 2 years the price went up like crazy everywhere.
Userlevel 7
joseouellet wrote:

Yeah I took a look a Koodo Prepaid, but I don't like how it is. It looks like you pay to get lowe...

You pay 15$ Then you add a booster which won't expire until you've used all of it First month is 40$ Then its 15$ a month until you use up your booster and at thay point you add another booster.
Userlevel 7
joseouellet wrote:

Yeah I took a look a Koodo Prepaid, but I don't like how it is. It looks like you pay to get lowe...

The booster is a bucket. The larger your bucket the less you pay per minute but you buy all those minutes up front. Not per minute later. You ARE paying for airtime minutes, not a discount on future minutes.
Userlevel 5
joseouellet wrote:

The point of Prepaid is that the boosters carry on to the next month and then to next. They don't disappear after 1 month like Postpaid where your amount that you can use resets or what not. So if you don't fully use all of your boosters within 1 month, it carries over to the next until you do.
Userlevel 7
joseouellet wrote:

Yeah what John said.