Koodo Community

Community

choice Fido better than Koodo, right !?

and now. if you take Galaxy S4 with price 375$ + $50 Smart Plan - Unlimited incoming and outgoing calls - Unlimited Canada-wide long distance - Unlimited text, picture and video messages from Canada to Canadian... . ( if you are Quebec) while in Koodo. take Galaxy S4 you have to pay 550$. the same plan with Fido is 45$/ month. So, in Fido, difference 5$/month x 24month = 120$ + 375$ phone = 495$. cheaper than Koodo

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
So what is your idea? For Koodo to match Fido's pricing?
yeah! smartphone from Koodo expensive more than Fido. If Koodo want have more more customer. Koodo need to reduce price of smartphone.
Userlevel 7
Not seeing data mentioned here. For Quebec the 45$ koodo offering has 1gb of data (10$ per gb over) along with everything you mentioned. Tab medium takes the phone down to 250$ and adds only 5$ monthly. So for 50$ you certainly make out well! And you actually get the phone 5$ cheaper if my math is right. 250$ phone 120$ tab contribution Total phone cost= 370$
how can takes Tab medium the phone down to 250$? this phone is 700$. takes Tab Medium will down to 400$. and add 5$/monthly .
Userlevel 7
Ly wrote:

how can takes Tab medium the phone down to 250$? this phone is 700$. takes Tab Medium will down t...

I'm using the costs you provided in your original post. "while in Koodo. take Galaxy S4 you have to pay 550$. the same plan with Fido is 45$/ month. " I didn't bother to look at what phone you were talking about. But that would explain why your numbers didn't look right.
the 550 plan and the 375 you're comparing aren't the same. The tab24 is more similar to a medium tab with koodo. $700+ medium tab at $300 = $400.00 phone. If you wanted an unlmited plan its $50/month + a $5.00 contribution towards the tab. However, 15% of each of your bills versus fidos 4% goes towards paying off your tab. So 12.50 a month for a 24 month period equals $300.00. on a similar plan. A WHOPPING 25$ Savings.
Userlevel 6
Joey Giguere wrote:

the 550 plan and the 375 you're comparing aren't the same. The tab24 is more similar to a medium ...

Of course this is [i]if you subsidize the phone. If you buy it outright (always the best idea) it's $700 for the phone with either company, but Koodo's plan is cheaper plus you get the No Tab discount of 10% so you're only paying $40.50 a month.
Joey Giguere wrote:

the 550 plan and the 375 you're comparing aren't the same. The tab24 is more similar to a medium ...

Exactly, Koodo allows you to put down and use as much as you please while FIDO you're obligated to opt in to that 375 price essentially forcing you into a 2 year agreement.