Koodo Community

Community

Solved

charging to text radio station

I'm trying to text a radio station, and my phone warns me, this may cause charges on your mobile account. I have unlimited texting, and the radio station says standard text message rated apply, I'm wondering, if I text the number will I be charged. the number is 586736

3 replies

Unlimited text to a local numbers and radio stations numbers always in the category of special or promotional numbers so they can charge you for that. Still it's better to confirm it from koodo customer support
Userlevel 7
When you text specialty numbers like that, they can charge for it. It's like 1-900 numbers, they charge crazy amounts of money for calling them. Best way to find out is finding out with the radio station. If they say standard text message rates apply, then typically they won't charge anything on top of your unlimited messaging so you should be fine.
This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled charging to text radio station. I'm trying to text a radio station, and my phone warns me, this may cause charges on your mobile account. I have unlimited texting, and the radio station says standard text message rated apply, I'm wondering, if I text the number will I be charged. the number is 586736.