Koodo Community

Community

Solved

charging problem

hi, my samsung galaxy core phone is not charging and i was wondering if their is warrenty so that i can swich it and get a new phone?
icon

Best answer by Paul Deschamps 24 July 2015, 07:20

It depends if it's due to physical damage or if it's an internal problem with the board. If you very slowly and lightly press the part of the charger that's plugged into your phone towards the front of the phone and hold it or towards the back of the phone and hold it and it begins to charge then it's a broken charging port and it's not covered under warranty because it's usually caused by using the phone while it's plugged into a charger and thus the users fault. If it doesn't charge when doing that then you can bring it in and have it sent away and they'll let you know if it's covered by warranty or if it's physical damage and you would be charged for the repair. They will tell you first how much it would be and if you choose not to get it fixed they would just send it back no charge or fix it and charge you the fee for repair if not covered by warranty.

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It depends if it's due to physical damage or if it's an internal problem with the board. If you very slowly and lightly press the part of the charger that's plugged into your phone towards the front of the phone and hold it or towards the back of the phone and hold it and it begins to charge then it's a broken charging port and it's not covered under warranty because it's usually caused by using the phone while it's plugged into a charger and thus the users fault. If it doesn't charge when doing that then you can bring it in and have it sent away and they'll let you know if it's covered by warranty or if it's physical damage and you would be charged for the repair. They will tell you first how much it would be and if you choose not to get it fixed they would just send it back no charge or fix it and charge you the fee for repair if not covered by warranty.