Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Charged for Data while getting a new phone, Will Koodo reimburse me?

My brother got a new phone, and was asked if he'd like to have data turned on. He said no. During a 3 minute span, while the customer rep was transferring his contacts to the new phone, my brother gets charged $5 for using data. 4:36:42 PM 0.01 MB Data Usage from/to $0.00 4:35:27 PM 0.04 MB Data Usage from/to $0.00 4:33:55 PM 0.17 MB Data Usage from/to $5.00 4:33:55 PM 0.53 MB Data Usage from/to $0.00 4:33:46 PM 0.07 MB Data Usage from/to $0.00 How would this happen, if Data is supposed to be turned off? Will Koodo reimburse the $5 charge?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I would make the request. Sounds fair to me. It is a common mistake when testing or setting up a new to phone to insert the sim and the phone automatically has data enabled. The only way to prevent any data (including stopping MMS) is to have a data block added to your account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Check out this idea http://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/train-all-reps-to-turn-off-data-before-entering-sim-card-on-new-phone-purchases-setup?rfm=1
Userlevel 5
From personal experience, I don't think it will be an issue to have that reimbursed. Just give them a call and let them know what happened. It's as easy as dialing *611 on his phone... Or the toll free line at... 1-867-995-6636 Good luck!
Thanks guys, they changed it for me.