Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Charged for data usage before I had a chance to turn the data off!

Hi, I did a restart on my Galaxy Core LTE this afternoon.  I do not have a data plan.  By the time I turned off the data, I had received 105 mb of data for app updates which according to my "data usage" cost me $15.00.  Is this considered a fair practice? There should be some warning or  a chance to turn off the data before the updates start rolling in!!!!  This seems a little unfair.  After being a loyal customer for several years is their any way to drop this charge to my bill?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
[i]There should be some warning or  a chance to turn off the data before the updates start rolling in!!!!
Yes, there should. Possibly you should take this up with the manufacturer, who designed the software that does these downloads without warning.

My iPhone downloads updates either when connected to Wi-Fi, or if I direct it to do otherwise.

David wrote:

[i]There should be some warning or  a chance to turn off the data before the updates start r...

Thanks for your reply.  I might send an email to Samsung?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Go to your google play store app. Look at the top left for 3 bar menu. Click that go to settings and choose to update apps only over wifi. This will stop that from happening. It happens to us all at least once in our lives. I know about it, and it still happened to me so lol
Chadwick wrote:

Go to your google play store app. Look at the top left for 3 bar menu. Click that go to settings ...

Good advice, thanks.  I will do that!