Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing phone numbers?

I was living in a different province to attend University, and now that I am back in my hometown, I don't want to be paying long-distance charges. Is there a way to keep the same number and only change the area code? Or, is there a way to change the number only temporarily? And then change it back to the one I have now once the summer is over and I move back? Thanks! Rosemarie

6 replies

if your plan includes anywhere minutes, then there is no long distance... and even if your area code is not from where you are now, any calls that you make to what would be a local number should be considered local calls (ie my phone is 613 area code, but when I am in calgary and dial a calgary number, it is a local call, same as if I had a 403 area code)
Userlevel 6
Hello Rose, Could you tell us what your plan is because all the current plans that Koodo offers include long-distance and roaming. If you feel like changing your area code so that other people who are in other carriers and is costing them money to call you. This is possible, you can come to a Koodo kiosk and we can set you up with a new local phone number to where you are. We can try changing the area code but it is not a quarantee that the same last four digits would be available Hope this helps 🙂
You can also change your number via self serve - usually you cannot keep the same number in a different area code but you can search for numbers that you want in self serve.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
David wrote:

You can also change your number via self serve - usually you cannot keep the same number in a dif...

I'm not sure you can change your phone number via self serve if the phone number is from different province,,,
Userlevel 6
David wrote:

You can also change your number via self serve - usually you cannot keep the same number in a dif...

Exactly, you cant. Even if you change the address, it will show the numbers available in the original privince you registered in. You can fix this by calling customer service but if you are planning to go at a mall where koodo kiosk is located, you can do it there to. 🙂
Most of the current Koodo plans include long-distance and roaming. If you are on one of those, you don't need to change your plan. If still need be to do the number change, you can go to a Koodo kiosk and they can assist you with the same.