Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changing phone number?

Everytime I try to change my phone number via the self serve, it keeps saying that the session has expired or there was an unexpected error. Anyone experiencing the same problem? The customer service is not helpful at all because I always have to wait for about one hour to make one single call. Anyone knows why and how to fix it? Thanks in advance.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Have you ever tried with another browser? Can you at least log into your account?
Robert wrote:

Have you ever tried with another browser? Can you at least log into your account?

I logged in like million times cuz it said so. I tried on the chrome and the safari through both my laptop and mobile, but the problem was not solved 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Try clearing your browsers cache/cookies. Sometimes this helps clear issues up.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Are you changing to a number in your same calling area/city, Brian? Also, are you able to perform other actions in self-serve? i.e. view bill, rate plan, add-ons, etc.? Trying to understand if this is the only item that's getting an error message and why.
Robert wrote:

I am having the same issue. I recently moved from Toronto to Calgary and need a local number. I'm a business owner and need this remedied immediately.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Paul, is your Koodo address a Calgary address? There is another recent post indicating that changing phone numbers from one city to another requires a local address.
Robert wrote:

Hi David Yes I changed my billing address using self serve a few days ago. I went to a koodo store at the market mall location in Calgary yesterday. The change of address link on the store computer was experiencing the same issue. The employee advised me to call koodos help line. That's a one hour wait. I've tried both a mac and a Windows computer on various browsers with no luck.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Robert wrote:

Hey Paul - I see an account matching your email, but under a different name. Do you have authority to make the change? Wondering if that's why it's not allowing you to. If you are the account owner and have access, shoot us a private message on Facebook and we'll try to help sort this out. Keep in mind that you likely won't get a reply tonight, but someone will get back to you.