Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Changed phone number, taking way too long.

I changed my phone number on self-serve yesterday. My number on self-serve is my new number, but my phone still uses my old number. How long does it usually take...? This is a little ridiculous.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Power down your phone and if possible remove the battery and sim card, Replace both and restart your device. Did that work?
Chad Burr wrote:

Power down your phone and if possible remove the battery and sim card, Replace both and resta...

Nope.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Power down your phone and if possible remove the battery and sim card, Replace both and resta...

Is there more than one phone on your account? Are you sure you changed your phone number and not the other one? It happens. If that's not the case you're going to need to call tech support for help (it's free) You can reach Customer Service at 1-866-99-KOODO (1-866-995-6636) or 647-788-4337. Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 10am - 9pm Saturday: 9am - 7pm Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 3
Hey Cole,

Has the issue been solved? Have you succeeded reaching us?

Thanks!
Veronica wrote:

Hey Cole,

Has the issue been solved? Have you succeeded reaching us?

Thanks!

It has not but I haven't contacted customer service yet, I've been very busy today with other really important things. I got a new "Welcome to Koodo!" email, but nothing on my actual phone changed.
What your phone thinks your number is does NOT matter. As long as people can call/text you using the new number, and your new number shows up when you call/text them, it's all good.
Hellothere wrote:

What your phone thinks your number is does NOT matter. As long as people can call/text you using...

When I text my old number I get a text from my old number, so I assume I still have my old number.
Hellothere wrote:

What your phone thinks your number is does NOT matter. As long as people can call/text you using...

Have you tried calling yourself?
Hellothere wrote:

Yeah, get voicemail. When I call "my" new number it says it is out of service.
Hellothere wrote:

It's time to call Koodo customer service then.