Koodo Community
Solved

Changed phone number is not in service

• 24 March 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi! I recently changed one of my line's phone numbers through self serve. The account now reflects the new phone number I chose, but when trying to dial the new number, it says it is not in service. Calls still get through to this phone when dialing the old number and texts out indicate that the phone is still using the old number.

I've tried calling support last night and spoke to a representative who got in touch with tech support for me. He called me back and left me on hold for over an hour with no response, so I had no choice but to hang up. I haven't heard from support since and nothing has been resolved.

Not impressed.

What do I do now?

icon

Best answer by Mihaela Koodo 24 March 2021, 20:01

Hi @CourtneyT. It looks like there are some errors indeed and we have a ticket on the table for this matter. It usually gets solved in a couple of hours.  Please don’t make any changes, like a SIM swap or another phone number change. We will contact you on the other phone number on the account when it’s all fixed. 

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you just port the number in?

The previous number I was using is the one I picked when I set up the new line with koodo. No problems there. This was supposed to be a simple phone number change via self serve

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The previous number I was using is the one I picked when I set up the new line with koodo. No problems there. This was supposed to be a simple phone number change via self serve

Ok just to clarify… so this was to change your number to a brand new number?  Or are you trying to port in a number from another wireless carrier?

Have you restarted your phone after the number change?

Ok just to clarify… so this was to change your number to a brand new number?  Or are you trying to port in a number from another wireless carrier?

Have you restarted your phone after the number change?

Yes, multiple times.

EDIT: this was a brand new number change. No porting

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag this to a rep for you

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi @CourtneyT. It looks like there are some errors indeed and we have a ticket on the table for this matter. It usually gets solved in a couple of hours.  Please don’t make any changes, like a SIM swap or another phone number change. We will contact you on the other phone number on the account when it’s all fixed.