Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Change the sim card to other phone.

Hi there. I used the prepaid plan for 6 months with galaxy note 2. But 2 days ago, it didn't work. And fortunately I can get the used phone from my friend. But I need different size of usim card so I bought it today. And through the self service, I clicked the usim card change and inserted new #. However, when I inserted new one to the used phone, it cannot work. It says just urgent calling is available, and I cannot call or text. My used phone is unlocked surely. When my friend's usim card is inserted with fido prepaid, the phone is worked. I have already turn off and on again and again..but still doesn't work. please help me..

5 replies

What kind of phone is it? If Android, have you tried to go to the settings (More -> Network Operators) to tell it to select network automatically? If iPhone, you have to do "Reset network settings"
gmd wrote:

What kind of phone is it? If Android, have you tried to go to the settings (More -> Network Op...

thanks for answer. My phone is android. So I clicked that.. and can see there is selected automatical network! But when I clicked the passive one, I cannot find the koodo.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
gmd wrote:

What kind of phone is it? If Android, have you tried to go to the settings (More -> Network Op...

Did you enter correct number? What self serve said after you enter the SIM card number? Did it say " your SIM is successfully updated"?(I forgot exact words) Did you insert a SIM card right side up?
gmd wrote:

YES..It says successful and did it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
What phone is this? It may not be compatible with Koodo's network Koodo uses 3G HSPA+ 850/1900 4G LTE 1700/2100