Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Change plansI would like to change to a Pay as You go plan

At the moment my two year contract is finished but I would like to go with a Pay as you Go plan.  My phone is still in excellent condition

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You will need to buy a prepaid sim and sign up with prepaid and then port your postpaid number over to prepaid on self serve
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
petergoodwin1492 wrote:

I have 15 / month prepaid   can i go strictly pay as you go   no monthly fee   and...

No. The minimum you can pay, and still keep your phone active is $15/month.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
petergoodwin1492 wrote:

I have 15 / month prepaid   can i go strictly pay as you go   no monthly fee   and...

With Koodo prepaid, you pay 5 cents for calls everywhere in Canada, which is pretty good. With all the other prepaid providers, you pay at least 25 cents per minutes and that is only locally, LD (to other towns) you'd pay $0.65 or more per minute.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you really want to go pay as you go without any monthly payments, you should go with any of the other prepaid providers in Canada. With the exception of 7-11 Speakout, all have a minimum top up of $100 per year. Seven Eleven Speakout has a top up requirement of $25 per year, but I would not recommend it for anything but emergency calling only.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sophia wrote:

If you really want to go pay as you go without any monthly payments, you should go with any of th...

If you switch away from Koodo or Telus, you will probably have to pay to unlock your phone, so keep that cost in mind.

The net cost for the Koodo prepaid SIM is zero, since they will credit that back when you set up your new prepaid account, even if you are porting in your current monthly number. Supply a valid credit card for auto payments and you also get a 10% ongoing credit, so your minimum cost is $13.50 a month plus taxes.