Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cant send pics but can receive them

I got a prepaid sim for a Sony Xperia, and couldn't send or receive pictures, took it in to a shop yest and they fixed the APN settings so now I can get pictures but it won't send out pictures. I have a data booster on the phone.

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Can you post a screen shot of your apn settings please
Chad Burr wrote:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Try setting the APN type to "internet + mms", that is what mine says. The rest looks good (I think... others might see other problems haha)
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You should be able to send picture messages even without a data booster, Marcene.

How many recipients did you try? Perhaps it's on their end?
Tried a few, but now it just says that it is qued for sending then message not sent after a little while
Userlevel 7
marcene wrote:

Tried a few, but now it just says that it is qued for sending then message not sent after a littl...

Make sure you have data enabled.. Then restart your device
marcene wrote:

Tried a few, but now it just says that it is qued for sending then message not sent after a littl...

Data is enabled and restarted it again and tried it and it says "queued for sending"
Badge +4
marcene wrote:

You may have a lot of messages you were trying to send earlier, so the system may be playing catch up. Give it a little more time. Also, the recipient may not have enabled data on their phone, so the message stays queued until they enable data and download the picture message.
marcene wrote:

Thanks for your comments, problem ended up being in the mmsc setting line should have been alias redirect not alias direct, but was also informed that sometimes a phone that is specific to another carrier may not allow for picture messaging, so it is not guaranteed that you can get pictures. Thanks again!