Koodo Community

Community

Solved

cant open attachments to email

I have a Galaxy 4S and set up my email account to phone.  However when I am receiving emails with a PDF attachment the phone wont open my attachment.  Any suggestions?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Check to see if you have Adobe Acrobat Reader in your Apps.
You can download from play store
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
From what I can tell it seems to be an issue with the Gmail app not downloading the files properly. With Hotmail at least, I can download the attachments from the webmail site using chrome and they will then display correctly.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

From what I can tell it seems to be an issue with the Gmail app not downloading the files properl...

Hmmm I send and receive pdf files twice a day using gmail and chrome without issue. On multiple devices some weeks. I'd go with the first suggestion. If you do have acrobat installed, uninstall and reinstall it.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

From what I can tell it seems to be an issue with the Gmail app not downloading the files properl...

On my moto x play it doesn't seem to be the app opening the files that is the problem. When I try to open or download the attachment from the gmail app the file size shows up as 0.00 mb and any attempt to open it, regardless of the app used results in an 'invalid file' error. If I download the attachments through chrome the files download correctly. Mildly irritating, but not earth shattering for me, since I don't receive a lot of attachments.
Userlevel 7
Timo Tuokkola wrote:

Very strange. I use the xplay too. No issues
Userlevel 5
Hey Corrie! Did all of those suggestions help? Keep us posted!