Koodo Community
Question

Cant log into self serve on the website no matter what i do.

I havent been able to log into the koodo self serve part of the website for several months now and its frustrating. I can log into the android app just fine but not the website. I like to look at my full bill just to make sure koodo and i are on the same page. Everytime i try to log in, however, the page either fails to load or i get a 'error occured while logging in' message that wont forward me when i click the login link. I have tried to log in on my phone on Chrome, Firefox, Internet. I have cleared my caches a zillion times, restarted, tried on data and various wifi networks. I have tried on my laptop, on chrome, firefox, ie7 and edge. I have cleared my history and caches a zillion times, also tried on different networks. Same with my desktop. I even tried on a shattered ipod to no avail as well a friends iphone. This is really frustrating me and I would really like to be able to log in. If anyone has any tips or solutions pleeeease let me know.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you tried on multiple devices (PC, phone, etc) with multiple browsers, then one would expect the issue to be with your account since I have not had any issues login in.  Have you ever logged in from a desktop before?
Since you are able to login with your app, it makes me think it is a device or browser issue.

Confusing.  I suggest calling into to Koodo or maybe a Koodo rep on here might see this and look into your account for you
If you tried on multiple devices (PC, phone, etc) with multiple browsers, then one would expect t...Call in lol read the issues re calling support
If you tried on multiple devices (PC, phone, etc) with multiple browsers, then one would expect t...Called koodo and followed tree down 3 layers to "we're closed."
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If you tried on multiple devices (PC, phone, etc) with multiple browsers, then one would expect t...Hours of operation (local time):
  • Monday − Friday: 9am - 9pm
  • Saturday: 9am - 7pm
  • Sunday: 9am - 7pm
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is the problem on wifi from one location only? Could be the router, a DNS or ISP issue.

Sometimes there’s a problem reaching a web site. The tech folks will tell you to clear your cookies, cache, etc. You can do this in your browser settings, but still get an error message telling you the web site you want is not responding the way it should.

Problem may be the DNS cache. DNS is like a central phone exchange that translates your site requests to an IP number so that your call can be routed to the actual physical location of the party you are trying to reach. The most recent ones are stored in a cache to shortcut the process. If the cache is not up-to-date or corrupt, your call to a particular page may not go through as planned though other pages work fine.  I have seen this site be unavailable from some US providers or VPN services. Your solution may be to start fresh with another “phone exchange” entirely.

On Windows, Mac or router, changing the DNS values is relatively easy to do if you know where the internet parameters are in  [b]network preferences. But not so on an Android phone.

Download Engelsiz from the playstore then re-boot your phone. Temporarily change the DNS values on your device to alternate values. The safest ones to use are 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. (the Google defaults). Then launch your browser or service app and re-try the offending page.

Your default DNS values will return when you reboot the phone. May be worth a try.
Is the problem on wifi from one location only? Could be the router, a DNS or ISP issue.

Sometime...
So everyone's supposed to know how to change the DNS values? That's fu*$ed up.
I tried on wifi and data, at my friends, home and McDonald's. I have been able to log in before on any and all devices ive tried it just....stopped the past few months. Ill calling when im not so busy.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I tried on wifi and data, at my friends, home and McDonald's. I have been able to log in befor...Not trying to get personal or weird, but does your username or password include any non-abc123 characters such as an exclamation or a period?
I tried on wifi and data, at my friends, home and McDonald's. I have been able to log in befor...Neither my user or my pass do, nope.
Userlevel 4
Badge +4
Hi Melinda! You can also contact us on our Facebook or Twitter pages so that we can look into this for you 🙂
I have this exact same issue. Different devices, cleared cache, WiFi, browsers, etc. etc. The self serve portion of the site will just not load. It either tells me it doesn't exist or it says there are too many redirects. The issue is absolutely on your end.
Same issue for me, too many redirects, even after clearing the cache etc.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@ Sam and J Laf
If you tried on different devices, different  browsers,cleared cache...etc  and still have issue, then call tech support.
*611 from your phone, option 6
@ Sam and J Laf
If you tried on different devices, different  browsers,cleared cache......
Someone else in another thread - there are many, many threads of people having the same problem - said that this is a known issue for people who have ported phone numbers from other services. Is it possible that's it? I really hope Koodo fixes this.
@ Sam and J Laf
If you tried on different devices, different  browsers,cleared cache......
I have been trying to set up a prepaid account to log in says number is invalid or already signed several attempts no luck two days no phone as ive waited over 5 times call back no call back sat on phone also no one picked up seems my number they gave me dont get reconized by call back or pre paid self serve sight lost a boat sale over this and many other ads had same number im sure if people called re ads they wont call back as my phone service is not working due to their many issues not mine !!!!!