Koodo Community
Solved

Cant call US #

• 16 January 2019
  • 3 replies

I purchased the "U.S. Roaming Talk Booster "

If I call 626-357-0077 It says "you are unable to make this call, you either don't have sufficient talk credits or are trying to call a country that is blocked"

Its a number in Monrovia California.

Any takers?
icon

Best answer by Mats 16 January 2019, 18:22

You need to purchase a long distance talk booster. The US roaming talk booster lets you make calls while in the US.

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans
View original

3 replies

Badge +4
You need to purchase a long distance talk booster. The US roaming talk booster lets you make calls while in the US.

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans?INTCMP=KMNew_NavMenu_Shop_PrepaidPlans
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Marine99 you are in good company with this mix up. Koodo pre-paid shares a back-end system (and very similar add-on offerings) with Public Mobile. I am still active in the Public Mobile community, and quite often (nearly daily, I'd say), we see people wondering why the US Roaming add-on they bought isn't letting them call the US much like yourself, or why the long-distance add-on they purchased isn't letting them make calls while in the USA (exactly the opposite problem). It seems to be a very common confusion. I wish Telus would do a better job of naming and describing these add-ons to help minimize this confusion.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
@Marine99 you are in good company with this mix up. Koodo pre-paid shares a back-end system (and very similar add-on offerings) with Public Mobile. I am still active in the Public Mobile community, and quite often (nearly daily, I'd say), we see people wondering why the US Roaming add-on they bought isn't letting them call the US much like yourself, or why the long-distance add-on they purchased isn't letting them make calls while in the USA (exactly the opposite problem). It seems to be a very common confusion. I wish Telus would do a better job of naming and describing these add-ons to help minimize this confusion.

Not to belabor the obvious, but it would be easier for them to combine both functions into one user-friendly US call booster.