Koodo Community
Solved

Cannot send or receive texts

I switched 2 Android phones to koodo yesterday and just discovered neither can send or receive texts. I explored all help I could find online and wasn’t able to fix it. This forum is my last resort. Please help.

icon

Best answer by Timo Tuokkola 1 July 2020, 01:39

Yes, the numbers are from Fido. Does it take more than 24 hours?

Not usually unless there is an issue with the port. This symptom typically indicates an incomplete port though. Incoming calls will probably still be routed to the Fido sim card as well. I'd recommend sending koodo a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM to check the status of the port.

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you bring over the numbers from another provider? The port might not be complete yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Not usually unless there is an issue with the port. This symptom typically indicates an incomplete port though. Incoming calls will probably still be routed to the Fido sim card as well. I'd recommend sending koodo a message via Facebook messenger or Twitter DM to check the status of the port.

Thank you for your response. I already messaged Koodo on Twitter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can't you login on self serve  and check the status of the port? 

I’m not sure if this is the check you suggested, but I just checked under “Manage your phone number” and the status listed is still “In Progress”.