Koodo Community
Solved

Cannot receive from one contact

• New User
  • 4 replies
I am having trouble receiving texts from one contact

I can phone them and receive a call and I can send them a text but cannot receive them in return

I've cleared cache, reset my network settings, restarted my phone and tried multiple texting apps with no luck

Is it a SIM card issue? Do I need to order a replacement card? I've literally tried everything that google can tell me with no avail
icon

Best answer by Dinh 19 January 2019, 21:48

If it was just one contact issue, the issue could be from that person also. I would suggest you ask the person to do the same as you did.

You could also try to delete the whole sms conversation with that person and start a new text and see if it can help. As you might lose some information in the sms text, you can take a screenshot of the text and save it, if you would like.

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can they receive yours? Do they have an iPhone or formerly had one?
Yes they can receive mine. They do not use iPhones, this is an android only issue
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
How about other people? Can you receive texts from them?

Also, can the contact send texts to other people as normal?
This is a single contact issue. I can correspond with all other contacts and the person has no issues with their phone
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it was just one contact issue, the issue could be from that person also. I would suggest you ask the person to do the same as you did.

You could also try to delete the whole sms conversation with that person and start a new text and see if it can help. As you might lose some information in the sms text, you can take a screenshot of the text and save it, if you would like.