Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Cannot find koodo network for weeks! Help!

samsung galaxy s says no network available. When I search for a network koodo doesn't even show up.. I have never had a problem with this up until 2 weeks ago. I cannot make a phone call even though I have all 4 bars! says emergency calls only.. How do I fix this? it there something wrong with the towers? so I need a new sim? Ive tried everything.

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Try settings... Wireless and networks... More... Mobile network Make sure you didn't accidentally enabel Use 2G only or Use GSM networks only
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
In your network settings, make sure that your phone isn't set to 2G only.
When I go settings - mobile network settings these are my options.. 1. use packet data (that is turned off) 2. data roaming (that is also turned off) 3. access Point names 4. Network operators. There's no option for me to use 2g or gsm networks only
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

When I go settings - mobile network settings these are my options.. 1. use packet data (that is t...

Thats Strange, Is Airplane Mode turned on?
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

When I go settings - mobile network settings these are my options.. 1. use packet data (that is t...

is this an S4?
No it is not on airplane mode. And no it is the S1
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

No it is not on airplane mode. And no it is the S1

Can you find anything that say NETWORK MODE?
Userlevel 7
That pop up window doesn't come up. I restarted my phone and went into my mobile network settings waiting to see if it will pop up and nothing.
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

That pop up window doesn't come up. I restarted my phone and went into my mobile network settings...

so there is no NETWORK MODE setting?
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

That pop up window doesn't come up. I restarted my phone and went into my mobile network settings...

When you scan for networks, What does show up?
Nope. No network mode setting. when I can for networks I get AT&T T-Mobile CAN rogers wireless inc. and 302610 (whatever that is). It also shows me koodo which is good but thats the thing! I will choose koodo and I will be connected for maybe ten mins then nothing.. so I scan again and I get all of the ones listed but no koodo
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

Nope. No network mode setting. when I can for networks I get AT&T T-Mobile CAN rogers wireless in...

Yup.. just went out again no more connection with koodo.
I live almost right on the water front here in windsor across from detroit but I have never had a network problem
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

I live almost right on the water front here in windsor across from detroit but I have never had a...

yeah that was going to be my next question. I frequently travel through there and very recently I get T-Mobile service in Windsor. there is a TON of construction going on around that area and it's possible a Tower had to be shut down or moved to accomodate all that action. I recommend you contact Koodo and have them submit a support ticket.
95% of the time there is no koodo when I scan
Userlevel 7
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

95% of the time there is no koodo when I scan

You may actually benefit from a newer Sim card (Not to mention a newer phone) which may help you find other towers. For now it just seems like the USA signals are much stronger and thats why you're not finding Koodo. Any new phone you grab would come with a 15 day Money Back Guarantee so you could try it out and see if a new device would work for you. (You should check selfserve as you may be eligible for an upgrade with very little to nothing out of pocket)
I wonder if the phone just isn't being accepted on Koodo's network.
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

why wouldn't it be? and why would she then get Koodo for 10 minutes?
KaneSlavik wrote:

Hypothetically speaking, the network could be delayed in realizing the device doesn't match the radio frequency then booting it off. I can't think of any other reason why the connection wouldn't stay.
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

weak signal, which would explain why when she rescans, it's not there.
KaneSlavik wrote:

Has it been stated what city this person lives in?
Userlevel 7
KaneSlavik wrote:

Windsor ON, Right next to the border -=- Keeps getting AT&T, TMobile, and CAN Rogers + 302610 (Bell) Have you tried selecting the 302610 network???
Thanks for all your help. I called tech support and they pretty much dont know wtf is going on lol. They checked it out and said AT&T has a higher signal. So Im gunna have to try out a new phone and return it if it doesn't work. And if that is the case then I need to switch companies. What I don't understand is I have never had a problem with this phone and I have always lived this close to the boarder.
Sean Anne O'Keefe wrote:

Thanks for all your help. I called tech support and they pretty much dont know wtf is going on lo...

Have Tech Support log a ticket for the issue for further investigation.