Koodo Community

Community

Solved

cancellation fee or what?

hello,
I had a monthly plan with Koodo for 5 years or so. I have called Koodo to cancel my account 2 days before the end of the billing cycle (I called on November 12). I was transferred to the cancelling department where I have spoken to a very nice and professional person, called Carmen or something like that (it was a gentleman, not a lady). My tab on the phone was 125.94, but that was all. I asked him and he confirmed that there was nothing else left to pay for the monthly use, cause the last invoice I had paid was for the services in advance. On the last paid invoice it is written "Monthly and other charges  - October 14 to November 13".
Now I just got the last invoice for the tab left to pay and what I see here is:
Tab Debit : $125.94
Tab charge : $15.00
Quebec Municipal tax : $0.46
for a total of $141.40
What is it the Tab charge for??? That was the amount I had to pay every payment till the tab was zero .... but this time the $125.94 is everything left on the tab, so what is the $15 for??? Is it a cancellation fee or something? I am very disappointed ... I had told the gentlemen I spoke to last time that I was nicely surprised after the conversation I had with him regarding the cancellation, given all the bad things I had previously read about other people's experiences when trying to cancel their account with Koodo. Now I have second thoughts about the whole experience and am wondering if the stories are not actually true.
Thank you,
Dan 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
There's no cancellation fees and while your first month usage would have been covered you would still have the tab charge for that month to pay.
thank you for your fast answer. However, as I said when I called, all I had left on the tab was the 125.94 . That was the amount I have to pay in order to have the phone fully paid. Since there is a line for the 125.94 why is there another 15 to pay for the tab? What has left to pay for the phone was 125.95 plus taxes. Now that I cancelled, suddenly the phone is worth 15 dollars more? I am not sure I follow your explanation.
Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dan wrote:

thank you for your fast answer. However, as I said when I called, all I had left on the tab was t...

I will ask someone to look into this.
Userlevel 6
Dan wrote:

thank you for your fast answer. However, as I said when I called, all I had left on the tab was t...

Hey Dan! We'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you but first we will need to access your account.  Can you please send us a private message through Twitter or Facebook so that we can discuss further? We invite you to post the link to this conversation to avoid repeating yourself. Thank you 🙂! - Melissa 
Userlevel 6
Dan wrote:

Hey Dan, we found your account (phone number ending by 58).  I see that you had the chance to contact us already and the $15 charge was removed.  Have a great day 🙂!
Dan wrote:

Hi this is crystal yurczyszyn I won't to cancel my phone for awhile how do I do that
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dan wrote:

You'll need to call Koodo to cancel your line.

Hi, yes, I called the customer service and another nice gentleman helped me with the issue. He helped me remove the extra $15.
Thank you all for the very fast and helpful answers. Also the customer service was great the 2 times I called. I guess the only confusion left for me is why was the 15$ charge there in the first place, cause it didn't make any sense. Maybe it was a system glitch .. I guess it doesn't matter anymore since it was taken care of. 🙂