Koodo Community
Question

Cancel

How do I cancel my contract with Koodo if I have already payed my tab off? How do I port my number over to chatr? Thanks!

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Keep your koodo account active, sign up with chatr and tell them that you want to port your number from koodo. Your koodo account will be cancelled once the port is complete, and you will receive one final bill to cover any remaining charges for the final month of service.
Thanks so much that helps a lot!!
Do I need my account number and pin in order to port my number?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You could follow the instruction on the chatr website. As they are your new carrier, they should provide you what you would need from Koodo.

The only you would do here is to keep Koodo line active, as they cannot port from a closed account.
Thank you very much!!
Badge +4
Yes, you need your Koodo account number and pin to port your number in to Chatr. These links should help you.

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/content/faq/general_info_faq#can-i-bring-my-phone-number-over

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=phone_activation
If I am on a joint account and want to cancel only my number will the other person on the account be affected?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
No the other person will not be affected. You'll just move or cancel the one number and the other will continue as normal.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If I am on a joint account and want to cancel only my number will the other person on the account be affected?No the other person will not be affected. You'll just move or cancel the one number and the other will continue as normal.

I believe If OP is the owner of account, then it will effect the other person...? The other person have to pass credit check and need to take over OP's account
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If I am on a joint account and want to cancel only my number will the other person on the account be affected?No the other person will not be affected. You'll just move or cancel the one number and the other will continue as normal.
I believe If OP is the owner of account, then it will effect the other person...? The other person have to pass credit check and need to take over OP's account

Nope. The account will stay active under the original account holder's name as long as there is still an active line on the account.