Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Canadian Flag emoji for LG G3 ?

When will LG / Koodo  "activate" the Canadian Flag emoji for LG G3 that's already available in Android since 2010? It's in the Unicode, but LG G3 (& G4) only display it as a bold "CA".  It's also not in the list of selectable emojis (only the flags of 10 countries are). It is selectable & displayable on the G5 apparently. You think that LG wud have made the CDN flag available on the G3 since it was specifically a Canadian model (D852) for the Canadian market !!!! Come on LG/Telus/Koodo : do it for Canada Day !! If not this year, then AT LEAST for Canada's 150th birthday next year :-))

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I will pass this message to our Koodo contacts 🙂 Also you could post this in the IDEA section of the forum, more important people may see it 🙂
TNX Chadwick! How do I navigate to the IDEA section (sri)?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wayne wrote:

Create a new post, choose IDEA instead of Question.
Wayne wrote:

TNX info Chadwick. I'll that shortly. Regards!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Wayne wrote:

Just download the SwiftKey keyboard (the only keyboard worth using IMO) and it has every single countries flag right there for you to post to your hearts desire, including Canada
Wayne wrote:

Sri Paul, but that's not true. I have SwiftKey installed on my phone too, and it shows only the same emojis list (containing only 10 flags) as available to other apps. That list is [b]phone specific apparently. Are u using a LG G3 ?
I guess the list is one of the things changable in Android by phone manufacturers. The list was updated way back in 2010 (and included the CDN flag), but LG only provided the updated version for the G5. See http://emojipedia.org/flag-for-canada/ for more info. Frustrating! The mfrs should include at least the latest standard list from Android !!