Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can voicemails be left on my prepaid phone if I take it with me to the States?

I'll be taking my phone with me when I travel to the States. I understand my phone will not work outside of Canada. I will be getting voicemails from work, but will callers be able to leave voicemails? Is there a way for me to access my mailbox? or do I have to wait until I get back?
(I do not have a data booster add-on)
Thanks in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
People will still be able to send you voicemails but you won't get notified of them until your phone isn't roaming anymore. If you want you can install a wifi phone app like Fongo or Skype and call your phone from time to time to check your Voicemail. When your vmail answers you just need to hit * and then enter your password. The system will tell you if you have any new mail at that point.
Chad Burr wrote:

People will still be able to send you voicemails but you won't get notified of them until your ph...

I will be with someone who has the rogers roam from home that has unlimited talk to Canadian numbers from the States so calling voicemail won't be a problem. I do have Skype on my phone so I guess that's another good option to access vmail. I just tested calling my vmail from another number and it works! Thanks everyone for your help!