Koodo Community

Community

can't send pic texts anymore

i have a data plan and have always been able to send pic in my texts.  as of this friday, march 17th, i can receive texts with pic but can't send.  my husband who is in the account with me is experiencing the same thing.  why can't we sent texts with pictures anymore. please note that i can post to facebook and messenger and instagram.
thanks
maria

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Maria,

Is the data on the phone actually turned on and not just wi-fi?

it's turned on.  i know that just having the wi-fi won't allow the pic to send.  so i always turn it on....but since this past friday it's not going through

it looks like it's sending...but for a long time and eventually gives me a not sent/retry error message
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maria Guarnieri wrote:

it's turned on.  i know that just having the wi-fi won't allow the pic to send.  so i a...

I wonder if you need to reset your APN settings. Have a look here to confirm they are correct: http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data/how-do-i-setup-data-on-my-non-koodo-phone
Maria Guarnieri wrote:

it's turned on.  i know that just having the wi-fi won't allow the pic to send.  so i a...

what am i looking for exactly at this website?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Maria Guarnieri wrote:

The link unfortunately does not take you to the page I drew it from. Choose the link above, and then choose "How do I setup data on my non-Koodo phone", and select your phone. I see you have a solution, now, as suggested by Mayumi!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
It's odd... you can receive but can't send on both you and your husband...

Try turning the power off and removing the sim card for awhile. Then put it back in and the power on again.
Mayumi wrote:

Try turning the ...

will i lose contacts or items saved on my phone if i remove the SIM card?
Mayumi wrote:

Try turning the ...

actually i have tried removing the SIM and see i have lost nothing and it seems to have restored the right setting...looks like the txts with pics are going through

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Mayumi wrote:

Try turning the ...

Removing SIM doesn't lose contents on your phone. It's just refresh your connection to the network. Restarting your phone (power off and on) and/or removing SIM will fix most connection issues .