Koodo Community
Question

Can't send or receive texts, Can receive incoming calls, Phone status reads "Unable to download"

My phone says "Unable to download" and i cannot make phone calls or send or receive texts, But i can receive incoming calls? this just suddenly happened, i have tried turning the phone off for an hour, restarting it but nothing fixed it yet.

11 replies

I have Samsung galaxy ace 2
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
If it's a text message that says that then delete that message (which is a picture message) and make sure when accepting a picture message that you first turn on your data before clicking to accept or send a picture message as its needed to send and receive picture messages. If after you delete the message it still isn't working then while the hone is on take out the battery and SIM CARD for a minute or so and then replace them and turn the phone on and it should work
Hi there. You said that you're not able to place call. Did you mean when you dial the call does not go through or you're not able to access the dialer pad at all ? If so my suggestion would be to go to settings >Application > Running Application and try to stop all the app you can, since Galaxy Ace II x does not have a safe mode which is allowing the access the phone with a minimum (required) app running.
no the phone just says try the number again even if its the right number, if i send texts it just fails and i cant receive anyones texts, but i can receive incoming calls, also my data won't work. 😞
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
no the phone just says try the number again even if its the right number, if i send texts it just...Hmm.... if it was just your texts I would have suggested checking your APN settings here: http://koodomobile.com/en/ab/non-koodo-phone-data-setup.shtml But the fact you cant call out, but you can receives calls in is very confusing
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You are dialing the full # right, all 11 digits? like 1-705-279-xxxx for calls and texts?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Last option is do a factory reset. Go to settings - Backup & reset the then click reset and follow the onscreen instructions and let it do its thing. keep in mind this will erase everything so make sure you've backed up your contacts, photos, ect.
Hi, have you been able to identify the problem? Did it get fixed? I am experiencing the exact issue. I can't make calls..any number I dial gets redirected to koodo..however I can receive calls. I can't receive messages and no one can receive mine either. When I send a message it shows that it went through...there's no "message failed" or pending message. it is so weird...hope you have been able to fix it. thanks, D
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Hi, have you been able to identify the problem? Did it get fixed? I am experiencing the exact is...If any # you dial gets directed to Koodo chances are they want to talk to you possibly about owing money on your account or something. Have you talked to them.?
Hi, have you been able to identify the problem? Did it get fixed? I am experiencing the exact is...I talked to them today. Apparently it had to do with my credit card being new - they "weren't able to process my payments" so they blocked my service, however I checked my bank statement and my payment went through 10 days ago. It is fixed now. Thanks for a prompt response! 🙂