Koodo Community
Question

Can't send or receive text messages. Can send calls but not receive them

• 1 November 2020
  • 2 replies

I got my sim card a few days ago from Koodo and haven't been able to send or receive text messages since. My phone says that these messages are sent but no one has actually recieved them. And other people have sent me messages that said they were sent but I haven't received them. I have texted androids and iPhones and it isn't working for anyone. It appears that I can call people but I don't think other people can call me without it going straight to voicemail. 

My phone is not new I've had it for 2 years and I was using Bell until now. If anyone has any idea how to fix this issue please let me know!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you happen to port your number over from Bell? Those symptoms sound like an incomplete port.

If incoming calls are going straight to voicemail, are they going to your koodo voicemail or your Bell voicemail? If it's the latter, then it's definitely a problem with the port. You can reach the porting team directly at (877) 868-3587.

Did you happen to port your number over from Bell? Those symptoms sound like an incomplete port.

If incoming calls are going straight to voicemail, are they going to your koodo voicemail or your Bell voicemail? If it's the latter, then it's definitely a problem with the port. You can reach the porting team directly at (877) 868-3587.

They were able to help me finish transferring my number over thank you very much!!