Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can't send email

I have a Nexus LG4. I am receiving my emails but cannot send from or reply from it. It just goes to the Outbox. Then you bring up the Outbox, it is a draft and cannot send. Any help would be appeciated

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Is it all email or only from a specific email account? Is this gmail?
It is from a specific account that I use all the time. Not gmail.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marlene Haight wrote:

Try removing the email account and adding it again?
I assumed it used to work but not anymore. And your other email accounts do not have any issues
Marlene Haight wrote:

no actually it has not worked since I got my phone, could recieve but not send
Userlevel 4
Marlene Haight wrote:

Check those settings i mentioned below.
Userlevel 4
If the e-mail you are using require incoming and outgoing server settings. Go intot he e-mail account settings and change the outgoing server name to smtp.telus.net and change the port to 587.
Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:

If the e-mail you are using require incoming and outgoing server settings. Go intot he e-mail acc...

Thanks so much it is working!!
It is koodo so why would I change it to telus.net
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Marlene Haight wrote:

Telus owns Koodo and Koodo runs under Telus' network
Userlevel 1
Marlene Haight wrote:

You should have asked "How can I use TELUS' servers if my email provider is not TELUS?". Who is your email provider? If it's not TELUS as in@telus.net, it won't go through smtp.telus.net
Userlevel 4
Marlene Haight wrote:

@Koodo Customer.....Really? Nitpicking how she asked the question? Time to work on that bedside manner.... How would anyone know what servers to use...who doesn't work for the company or is already tech savvy? I make no assumptions and she got the answer she was looking for. "If it's not TELUS as in@telus.net, it won't go through smtp.telus.net" As a matter of fact, outgoing does work regardless if the email is with Rogers, Shaw, Aliant, or whoever has custom outgoing server settings. @Marlene Haight...the smtp.koodo.net USED to work but we have found that the smtp.telus.net is more efficient.