Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't receive texts from people on Sasktel

Yesterday I switched over from an iPhone on the carrier Sasktel to a Moto X Play on Koodo. It's great except I'm not receiving text messages from anybody who is using Sasktel (only my entire family and about 90% of everyone else I know, being in Saskatchewan). A couple friends have said they've at least received texts from me though I can't see their replies, but my sister and father haven't even received what I've tried to send through. Anyone got a fix for this?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Eric,

Are you able to receive texts from people on other providers? If you are then the problem would most likely be on Sasktel's  side
Mathieu wrote:

Hi Eric,

Are you able to receive texts from people on other providers? If you are then the probl...

Yes. I can text with two of my contacts just fine (one's on Koodo and one's in the States). I was hoping this would be a known issue here because my friend said it happened to her parents years ago but Telus fixed it for them.
Userlevel 5
This is a known issue when switching from iPhone to android. If you still have your old iPhone, on WiFi, go to; Settings>messages>and toggle off I message. You may also have to sign into; Appleid.apple.com with your Apple ID and password and delete your phone number from your appleid.
Userlevel 5
Hey Eric! Did Spence's suggestion work? Let us know!
Sorry, forgot to close this out yesterday. It solved itself on Monday; my guess is it took til then for Sasktel to cut off my service through them which somehow interfered with my new service as I kept my same phone number. A lesson to everyone who decides to change providers on a weekend.