Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can't receive calls

can't send or receive calls on my new Samsung galaxy s4, any help would be greatly appreciated. Have only had for a week and have no idea how many calls I have missed.

15 replies

When you try and make a call, what happens?
KaneSlavik wrote:

When you try and make a call, what happens?

nothing. it usually doesn't even ring on my end. I just tried calling my land line and it does not ring through. When I call my cell from my land line there is dead air and then eventually my voice mail answers. nothing changes on my phone screen to say that a call is coming or missed.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Can you text?
Dennis wrote:

Can you text?

yes
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Pull out the battery (without turning off the phone) and the sim card for a couple of mins and try again
I tried that this morning, didn't work.
Userlevel 1
are you month to month or prepaid?
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

are you month to month or prepaid?

month to month
Userlevel 1
also did you get a new number or did you bring a number over from another company?
Now I just was actually able to get through to my land line but then after 1:30 minutes it went dead. the call was still going through but I could not hear the other person so I had to hang up. now every number I try to call immediately says "call not sent"
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

also did you get a new number or did you bring a number over from another company?

same company just a phone upgrade
Userlevel 3
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

How many bars of signal?Are you in a basement apt?Concrete walls?
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

4 bars
Userlevel 3
Amanda Elizabeth wrote:

I would put money on it that it's a sim card issue. Otherwise it's the phone but most likely the sim.
Go into Settings, about phone, and look under Android version. What version is it?