Koodo Community

Community

Solved

can't reach koodo by phone today July 8

It's 11:30 EST and when I call Koodo, the auto prompts says they are closed!!!  I need tech support immediately!! 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I got through. Approximate wait time to talk to a rep is 1-3 minutes. Please try again if it's urgent.
That being said, what is your issue? We're usually able to help here without the need to phone customer service.
Ivan wrote:

I got through. Approximate wait time to talk to a rep is 1-3 minutes. Please try again if it's ur...

That has NEVER EVER HAPPENED to anyone I know using koodo, including myself. I just tried and finally hung up after a half hour. I'm talking to myself though cuz this forum is so old. It ALWAYS says "higher call volume." omg...so frustrating. The thing is though, that koodo rates aren't any better than anyone else, so moving would be how i spend the next 15 minutes instead of the miserable 1.5 hours I've spent trying to reach koodo.
i finally got through, sort of....entered the queu for tech service.  after 2 rings, the called dropped.  i haven't tried again....will wait for another hour...thinking koodo may be on Hawaii time......

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
levale wrote:

i finally got through, sort of....entered the queu for tech service.  after 2 rings, the cal...

Looks like there may be higher call volume at this time. If this isn't account or billing related, we may be able to help you here. What kind of issues are you experiencing?
levale wrote:

i finally got through, sort of....entered the queu for tech service.  after 2 rings, the cal...

my nexus 5 shut down this morning while i was reading an email - no other apps opened - and i could not get it to power up again.  the battery was at 75%.  i removed the sim card 3 times and tried to power on, with zero results.  i then tried  power plus volume button and nothing.  then, 10 minutes later, it powered on. 
seems to be working fine, but i'm concerned: why did it power off?  and why wouldn't power on??
more importantly, why couldn't i get into the koodo queue??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
levale wrote:

Sounds like you are capable of troubleshooting your own phone, and I'm happy to hear that you resolved your issue.
As to what went wrong, all we can do is speculate. The phone could've shut down for a number of reasons. I hope that this doesn't come back.
If the phone is under warranty (and you bought it through Koodo), you can have Koodo send it out for repair, but I wouldn't recommend this without a persistent problem. If they cannot replicate the issue, they'll just send back the phone. So you may give up your phone for a bit for nothing.
I know that this can be frustrating and I'm not trying to diminish your issue. I've had similar problems with multiple manufacturers and I've learned through experience as to what to expect, for better or worse.

levale wrote:

I waited a half hour before I got too frustrated and hung up. Really makes me mad that these mobile companies think the "community" is the place to go for answers. I pay for this service and as far as i can tell koodo rates are not any better than other companies. If that is the case then what is stopping me from moving...answer is NOTHING. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
levale wrote:

What's the issue you are calling Koodo about? We could probably help out.