Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't create new APN, even with great instructions

How do I send picture messages on my motorola G android device without using data? I saw the directions for how to change the apn, which looked great, except that my phone wouldn't save any of the new apns I tried to created using the directions.

11 replies

Userlevel 5
As I posted in the other topic you revived, not all phones are able to use that APN in order to allow picture messaging but not data, it's quite possible the Moto G is one of them.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You may have to get your device unlocked to have new APN settings save I'm not sure if the Moto G is one of the devices that this needs to be done before they will save but for the $4 or $5 it costs to unlock the G it's worth a try perhaps.
Userlevel 1
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You may have to get your device unlocked to have new APN settings save I'm not sure if the Moto G...

Paul, 4-5 bucks to unlock? Is that Koodo price? Im long time customer, I just put Moto G on Tab 16days ago. Is it true that I have to wait 90days before I can get Moto G unlocked? I'm asking because of recent CRTC ruleings.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

You may have to get your device unlocked to have new APN settings save I'm not sure if the Moto G...

I don't know where he got the $4-5 unlock price. It's $15 at cellunlocker.net.
Hi new to this forum. Same issue with my new moto g, Was under the impression that the moto g was one of the few north american phones that came unlocked out of the box. What's a recommended place to get unlock code? Otherwise looks like a nice phone.
Userlevel 7
tom wrote:

Hi new to this forum. Same issue with my new moto g, Was under the impression that the moto g was...

Koodo charges 50$ to unlock the Moto G, your account must be in good standing for thelast 90 days.

You can also unlock it via a third party but by doing so there is a risk of voiding the warranty.

The Moto G is sold locked in Canada
Will unlocking allow you to change apn settings? Read a claim on net that unlocking does not help. Has anyone succeeded doing this on the Moto G? Thanks
Userlevel 1
Some say it does work, some say it does not. Maybe it only works for certain carriers. I've never tried it. But good luck, hope your successful!
Userlevel 7
My Moto G is unlocked and I am able to edit my apn settings however I can not delete the default settings
Userlevel 1
Chad Burr wrote:

My Moto G is unlocked and I am able to edit my apn settings however I can not delete the default ...

So Chad, is that what Leslie is trying to do? Trying to override the default settings?
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

My Moto G is unlocked and I am able to edit my apn settings however I can not delete the default ...

Yes but like was said previously it doesn't work for all devices, there's no guarantee it won't revert to use the default apn