Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't connect to a mobile network on Moto G

My moto g3 can't find a cellular network since I returned to BC from Ontario last night. I am on Koodo plan

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Try shutting down, pulling out the SIM, restarting without the SIM [will give an obvious error], shutting down and then restarting with the SIM inserted [will now force the phone to refresh the SIM parameters].

If it doesn't work, take a look at this:

https://community.koodomobile.com/koodo/topics/cant_find_network_since_returning_to_canada

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Sometimes even simply toggling airplane mode on and off will reset the SIM. But your best bet is to do Bobs suggestion above.
Ok, tried this twice, no luck. The phone is also still showing Ontario time.
When I search for networks these only thing that comes up is EXT, not sure what that is
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ed Kieneker wrote:

When I search for networks these only thing that comes up is EXT, not sure what that is

If you have time to kill and lots of patience, some of this might help:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/moto-g-problems/4/

But I would recommend that if you are within visiting distance of a Koodo boutique, take the phone in to have your handset and SIM tested against their store equipment. If it's a bad SIM, you'll be out of there just a few bucks lighter but with problem solved on the spot.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ed Kieneker wrote:

500min?
Userlevel 7
Ed Kieneker wrote:

Choose Ext. You're in an extended roaming area.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ed Kieneker wrote:

Just an afterthought: If you are on prepaid, EXT roaming will not work AFAIK.

Ed Kieneker wrote:

Thanks for your comments guys. So, I went to the Koodo kiosk at the mall. The guy there fixed it in about 1minute. Turns out that somehow the phone was set to a 2g network and Koodo needs a minimum of 3. Not sure how that happened.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Ed Kieneker wrote:

Yes sometimes its super simple. Hard to say sometimes without the device. Glad you got it working!!