Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't Activate an Addon from UK?

I'm in the UK and want to purchase an add-on. It only gives the option of texting 30BUNDLE to 7626, but of course that doesn't work as I'm no longer on the Koodo network. HOw to activate this bundle from outside Canada (please don't tell me to call in!).

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Okay, I won't tell you to call in. You'll have to call in. Darn, now I'm a liar. Yup ya gotta call in. But you can do that via Skype over wifi or grab Fongo from the play store and use that over wifi. Both options are free. Good luck.
Chad Burr wrote:

Okay, I won't tell you to call in. You'll have to call in. Darn, now I'm a liar. Yup ya g...

It's a really good solution if you're in a place with decent wi-fi, but that ain't me babe.

It's not really too much to ask for a way to do that when I'm logged into the "self-serve" site.
Userlevel 7
Chad Burr wrote:

Okay, I won't tell you to call in. You'll have to call in. Darn, now I'm a liar. Yup ya g...

Apparently... I don't control that however. Just offering solutions.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

You don't have a coffee shop near you with decent wifi?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

If there is absolutely no public wi-fi anywhere that you can use then I suggest getting a prepaid Sim card with some data and use that if you must use your Canadian line.
Chad Burr wrote:

btw, tried the coffee shop thing, but with the time change couldn't connect at a time that Koodo actually was open. Just tried again now, it's 3pm here, and they aren't open.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Customer Support is open 10am so I'm surprised that they weren't open for you.
Chad Burr wrote:

10 am in what time zone ? 😉
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

Usually it's 10am in any local Canadian time zone so there should have been customer support available for you by 3pm BST/CET.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Chad Burr wrote:

At any rate I guess it's moot now that you were able to do it in the self-serve app!
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
This is a discussion we hear a few times every week.

Would it be too much to ask to have Koodo implement on self-serve some roaming enabler add-ons that would accomplish the same function as the text system currently does?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
BobTheElectrician wrote:

This is a discussion we hear a few times every week.

Would it be too much to ask to have Koodo ...

You're right, this is a glaring omission and we're reminded of this constantly.
I found the solution. You can do add-ons automatically via the Koodo app. 🙂