Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't access self serve

I have never had access to my self serve account since I got my phone. When I try to make a account with my email it says that You're still waiting to be approved Looks like this account has already been linked to another email address. You're still waiting for permission from the owner of that email address. We'll email you once you're approved. The email is my father's and there is no way to get it back. I messaged koodo on Facebook and haven't got a real response since December 21st. Any help is appreciated.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Are you the owner of the account?  Or your father is?
Dennis wrote:

It is under my father's name
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Sounds like he has owner access and in order for you to have access he needs to approve. He would have received an email which he need to respond to before you will have access Shyam.
Dennis wrote:

Yes I understand that but he can't access the email
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

What's his first name? Maybe I can locate it. 
Dennis wrote:

Shailesh
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

Then he will need to contact Koodo and request a change of email address one which is accessible. Once they confirm he is the account owner, it should be pretty straight forward to do that update, and then transfer ownership to you.
Dennis wrote:

Can we do it online?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

What province are you in? Your father's first name is a common one. 
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

No. Security requirements would require you have the email address of record. Since you can’t access that email address, you have to use an alternate verification process, requiring a call.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Dennis wrote:

I'm not sure what@Bernard is trying to do as your father will need to initiate or confirm that he wants to change his email to add you as an authorized user to a Koodo agent.

Maybe Bernard will call the number, verify that the person answering is the account owner.  Then ask if they want to make the change