Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can't access mobile data with Samsung S4

My phone says mobile data is turned on but when I try to text a picture it says mobile data is turned off. Also can't access the internet without wi fi. Am I missing an on button somewhere?

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi Mike,

Seems like your APN settings for data might not be correct, take a look at this link to verify your settings: http://help.koodomobile.com/plans-add-ons-data-and-other-services/data-basics/how-do-i-setup-data-on...

If the settings are correct, turn the phone off remove the SIM card and the battery if possible and let it sit for a few minutes and re-assemble the phone.

Your issue should be resolved between those two steps, but if not please let us know
I removed battery and Sim card. Still not working. When I try to send photo it says mobile data is disabled. Settings say it is turned on.
Userlevel 7
Mike Lobdell wrote:

I removed battery and Sim card. Still not working. When I try to send photo it says mobile data...

Do you by any chance have a data block on your Koodo Account?
Mike Lobdell wrote:

I removed battery and Sim card. Still not working. When I try to send photo it says mobile data...

I tried it on and off
all settings are correct with the link above.
Badge +4
If you've placed a checkmark in the 'Set mobile data limit' check box (found below the 'Mobile data' check box) and it has reached the data limit, there's the possibility that mobile data will have turned itself off. Removing the checkmark from the 'Set mobile data limit' check box will allow data through.
the phone is new and it says 0 data usage at Koodo self service. I turned off data limit to try it anyway and still no mobile data. The person who set the phone up was new and maybe he did something wrong.
Badge +4
Mike Lobdell wrote:

the phone is new and it says 0 data usage at Koodo self service. I turned off data limit to try ...

Mathieu is referring to a data block put on your account, so that the phone cannot access mobile data. Do you recall putting a data block on your account? Your best option would be to contact customer service later this morning to further investigate this problem. Explain that you're new to the phone and there should be no charge for the call. Dial *611 from your cell phone or 1-866-995-6636 from a landline phone. Hours of operation (Eastern Standard Time): Monday − Friday: 9 am - 9 pm Saturday: 9 am - 7 pm Sunday: 9 am - 7 pm
Problem solved. Sales associate put a data block on it. Thanks for your help.
Badge +4
Mike Lobdell wrote:

Problem solved. Sales associate put a data block on it. Thanks for your help.

Thank you for the follow up response Mike.