Koodo Community

Community

Solved

Can someone explain to me why the Nexus 6P comes in one colour, comes in the lowest storage capacity?

Can someone explain to me why the Nexus 6P comes in one colour, comes in the lowest storage capacity and cost $25 more dollars than the ones sold at the Google store???

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Greed
Userlevel 7
Carrier markup and possibly minimum order requirements. They usually don't go for the higher storage models or carry the other colours of Nexus devices from the past few years. Even Rogers and Bell don't have any of the other colour or storage options.
Jonathan I wrote:

Carrier markup and possibly minimum order requirements. They usually don't go for the higher stor...

But silver? really?! They should have stuck with the black finish.... *sigh*
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

Carrier markup and possibly minimum order requirements. They usually don't go for the higher stor...

Most times Koodo goes with the black/dark device option and many people complain. You can't please everyone.
Jonathan I wrote:

Guess not.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Jonathan I wrote:

I'm actually super happy they went with the aluminum color especially when every reviewer says the dark one is a fingerprint magnet but a metal phone I want to actually look metal, I don't see a point in having a metal phone and then covering up the metal so you can't tell it metal at all. It's like taking beautiful wood furniture and painting it instead of varnishing it and letting the beauty of the material shine through, it just doesn't make sense.
As far as the storage size it's going to be the most popular storage size so they're going to carry that and 32gb is good for most especially when there's still phones like the iPhone that are offered in 16gb and ppl seem to buy them for some odd reason.
The price well I'm sure Koodo probably buys them from Google at the price they sell it for and they have to mark it up to at least cover the shipping and stocking costs for it so not surprised it's a little more.

In the end just be happy they're offering it and they've added something to the lineup that's not another feeling Samsung device right lol

Oh and if your not happy with the color simply visit DBrand.com and grab one of their awesome skins for it and you can have a device just the color you want and it won't be as slippery as the original fish and protect it from scratches as well which the Nexus 6P is supposedly pretty prone to so don't put it in your pocket with change or keys or anything either.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Could be worse.  Check out the 5x
Userlevel 7
Oh, I didn't even notice it was the silver. That's kind of cool, actually. Most times Koodo only goes with the dark option.