Koodo Community

Community

Question

Can receive but not send picture messages??

Hi. I just bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo. I have my plan through you guys, Unlimited Canada-wide. I also got the data block for $2. My question is this: I can receive but not send pictures in my text messages. I am currently connected to my home wi-fi. How do I change the settings so that I can text pictures? This is my first smart-phone, so I'm a bit smartphone challenged. Thanks in advance.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Picture messages are sent through your cellular connection not a wifi connection so make sure your data connection is enabled when you try to send one. It's weird that you can recieve them but can't send them so What happens when you try to send a text with a picture attached exactly, does the phone say anything?
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Picture messages are sent through your cellular connection not a wifi connection so make sure you...

And what happens if you turn off Wi-Fi in settings?

Paul "Kid Android" Deschamps wrote:

Picture messages are sent through your cellular connection not a wifi connection so make sure you...

If I turn the wi-fi off, a message pops up saying there is currently no signal... blah blah.
no, it just shows a little circle next to the message, circling endlessly
And I have read about having the data connection enabled, but I can't find the setting path on my phone that I have seen in other responses.

I have chosen a photo from my gallery, touched "share", chosen the contact I want to share it with, and in the message stream it has the photo, with a small MMS next to it, with the endlessly circling circle under that.
Nicole Kinakin wrote:

no, it just shows a little circle next to the message, circling endlessly
And I have read about h...

Okay, so it seems that after some time, they recipient has received the photo, but the circle is still circling. So what does that mean?  It is a blue, and then green circle.