Koodo Community
Question

Can only text/get texts from Telus customers

• 29 November 2013
  • 15 replies

I have my APN settings set up as such: APN: sp.koodo.com Proxy server: Port: Username: Password: Server: MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/koodo/mmsc Proxy server: 74.49.0.18 Port: 80 MCC : 302 MNC : 220 APN type : My data works, and I can send and receive calls fine, however, I can only send and receive texts to Telus customers (I don't know anyone on Koodo, but it will probably work), but any other providers don't receive my texts and I don't receiver theirs. What am I doing wrong?

15 replies

Userlevel 3
SMs should work try unplugging the battery and sim card. Try sending a text to yourself after you do this and let us know what happens.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Did you happen to port your number to Koodo by any chance?
I can't unplug the battery, it's not removable, but I have rebooted a number of times and kept the phone off for about 10 mins, I'll try removing the sim and see what happens. I did port my number to Koodo from Petro Canada Mobile last night.
I text myself, and I receive it instantly.
Userlevel 3
Ok so the sending and receiving works! maybe It's Telus network?try sending a text to a koodo customer?
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, no matter what settings i have input, then it would work with koodo, no?
Userlevel 4
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...There is a good chance that the port did not complete 100% successfully. I would recommend calling Koodo to check on the port
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...Exactly what I was about to say.
Userlevel 4
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...Great minds think alike 😛
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...Or is it a psychic link through the Book of Oa? 😉
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...I gave them a call, they said that since i activated later in the day that the transfer may not have completed fully and to keep trying throughout the day. So I guess I'll have to wait it out and see what happens. Thanks guys.
Userlevel 4
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...In brightest day In blackest night, No cell phone shall escape my sight, For those who worship Rogers might, Beware my power! El Tabador's light
Userlevel 2
I don't know any koodo customers. But I'm assuming since it works with my friend who has Telus, n...MINE!
Solved. Turns out it did, in fact, need more time to transfer over since I got it activated late in the day. For reference if anyone finds this thread in the future: From 6:30pm, took until around 2:00pm the next day.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Solved. Turns out it did, in fact, need more time to transfer over since I got it activated late ...I believe Petro Canada mobility is a reseller as well, which likely added to the delay in porting the number.