Koodo Community

Community

Can Koodo Unlock My Phone?

I have a samsung galaxy s6 edge from koodo (fully paid, so the phone is mine). Now, I am in the Philippines indefinitely. Because of this, I have cancelled my phone plan with Koodo before leaving Canada. Now, I want to unlock my phone but I have read that to do that with Koodo, I need to have a sim card WITH Koodo. I don't have my Koodo sim anymore though. I was wondering if I can purchase a code from Koodo to unlock my phone myself even without an active Koodo sim. If it's possible, how do I go about acquiring the code? And if it isn't possible, do you have any alternative suggestions? Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4
You can get your Galaxy unlocked from any number of unlocking services, likely right there in the Philippines or through eBay, for a very reasonable price. No need for an active Koodo account.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Reliable online services include unlockbox.com, cellunlocker.com and gsmliberty.com.
Userlevel 7
Badge +4
Given that you have cancelled your phone already Trisha, we can no longer provide you with a code. The charge would have to applied to your bill and you no longer have one.